Blocks are important to any yard. They can defend buildings from enemy monsters, stalling them so that other Defensive Towers can fire away at the monsters.
Blocks are arguably the most important Defensive Buildings. Without them, many buildings would be knocked down easily. When built in the right formations, they can make monsters walk straight into a Booby Trap or Heavy Trap, take a longer route to their destination, or simply force them to chew through the Block.
- A level 1 D.A.V.E, King Wormzer, Project X and Eye-ra can destroy a level 1 block with just 1 hit.
- Eye-ra, Wormzer and King Wormzer's splash damage can damage multiple blocks.
- Burrowing Monsters (except Valgos, Splash damage and Richochet) and flying Monsters do not attack the blocks, as they can go through it.
- There are only 2 Monsters that target blocks, Valgos and Eye-ra. Both have very unique properties.
- The Block's final level, "Black Diamond", may be referenced to the band KISS's famous track, "Black Diamond", which also had the same name.