Short range but high damage, this tower's shells explode on impact.
The Cannon Tower is one of the two beginning towers (the other being the Sniper Tower) a player will build in the early stages of the game. It specializes in firing explosive shells that will deal splash damage to all monsters within the explosion's range. Cannon Towers are very strong against big groups of weak monsters, such as Pokey. They can take down the group in a matter of seconds. However, Cannon Towers also have a short range and a low damage output to single monsters. It requires support from other towers that can take down high health monsters.
Later in the game, Cannon Towers may sem to become obsolete in favor of the Laser Tower's higher damage output. Despite this, the Laser Tower can be completely outranged by a D.A.V.E. with Level 3 Rockets. Therefore, Cannon Towers can stil serve a role in defending your base.
|Level||Resources Needed||Building time|
|Structure Level||Resources Needed||Upgrade Time||Repair Time||Resources Recycled||Range||
Damage Per Shot
|Explosion Range||HP||Town Hall Level|
|1 ~ 10|
- In the Alpha stages of Backyard Monsters, Cannon Towers were called Splash Towers.
- At Levels 1-6, it can't reach a D.A.V.E with Level 3 Rockets, making it important to upgrade the Cannon Towers for them to be effective at all.
- The Blast Tower is the Inferno counterpart of the Cannon Tower.
- Even though the Cannon Tower is facing up, it can still fire like the Sniper Tower.
- The Cannon Tower will seem to deal more damage to a group of monsters. This is not true, as the number that comes up is the total amount of damage the Cannon Tower has dealt to the group of monsters, not to each monster.
- Although the description says:short range,but high damage, It does not have high damage against 1 monster.